Friday, October 03, 2008

Amazing

I have often wondered how gas prices are determined. With reports from across the country that people are paying $4-$7/gallon, I was sure that gas prices would continue to rise.

Our area of the country traditionally has gas prices that are lower than the national average. While I was across the state this week, gas prices were 3.79, 3.69, 3.59, and then 3.53 today. As I drove home tonight, I called a neighbor to get the latest gas prices so that I could fill up at the lowest price. The pictures below tell the tale.

The Gas Prices


The fill up cost was under $40, and I cannot remember the last time that I paid so little to fill my car when it was below an 1/8th of a tank.

1 comment:

mattandhonor said...

That's so NOT fair! I don't think we've paid less than $3.59 since we left Michigan!!