Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Tuesday at Work

Retirement has brought lots of change and many new friends. One of the things about not working that I miss is my association with many of my DON CIO friends and co-workers. Yesterday I took the bus from the Herndon-Monroe Park and Ride to West Falls Church, took the Metro to Crystal City, and then took a bus to 23rd Street to visit the office of the DON CIO. The commute was similar to the one that I used to make every day. I normally walked from the Metro Station, but it was raining today. It was great to see many of my friends. One of my co-workers arranged for a luncheon at a restaurant in Crystal City. 11 people came, including the DON CIO. We had a marvelous time. Afterwards, I spent another couple of hours chatting with many of my friends and co-workers. It felt good to see my friends, but I did not miss the stress and politics of my former job/office.

I met Oliver, Kristin, and Sally at the Galleria Mall. We did some light shopping and had dinner at Coastal Flats. It is one of the Great American Restaurant chain, as is Sweetwater Tavern. We had a good meal and then vegged at home.

1 comment:

Ann and Paul Wilson said...

Jane lives at 626 23rd, just a block and 1/2 across Jefferson from where you were meeting.